Work Permit Malaysia

Foreign nationals intending to work in Malaysia must generally obtain one of three work visas: employment pass application, temporary employment visit pass, or professional visit pass and Resident Pass.

  • An employment application pass applies to investors, skilled workers, professionals, and senior management in companies. The minimum employment period required is two years.
  • A temporary employment visit pass is for unskilled and semi-skilled workers in the manufacturing, construction, and service fields. Foreign national under this category may typically work for up to three years, with extensions available on a year-to-year basis.
  • A professional visit pass is generally appropriate for technical experts, including experts in machinery installation, and technical trainees. Professional visit passes are typically issued on a short-term basis. Foreign expatriates who want to work in Malaysia for up to 12 months may apply for this work permit.

Employment Pass Application Agency Malaysia

Employment Application Pass is applicable for long term work assignment of two years and above. Conditions are imposed by the Immigration Department on the sponsoring company with regards to this type of work permit Malaysia which include minimum paid up capital, minimum monthly salary together license from the relevant agency based on the nature of business of the company. The process normally takes about two weeks to complete.

Dependent pass is granted to spouse and children of applicant once approval is granted on the permit. The policy now allows the Dependent to work under the visa but should apply formally for approval to work where the same conditions imposed the company sponsoring the work permit Malaysia.

Professional Visit Pass or Training Pass is applicable for short term assignment where the applicant is needed to provide technical support to their customers in Malaysia for a period of 1 month and not more than 12 month.; Similarly, a Training Pass is applicable for applicant to be in Malaysia to give training or to receive training such as internship program with a company located in Malaysia.

In both instances, a letter of invitation from the company in Malaysia and a letter of acceptance from a company overseas are required for the application process. The process normally takes about 2 weeks to complete where once approval is granted, the endorsement of permit can take place at the Immigration Department.

Resident Pass is applicable to individuals who are professional in their job where their talent is sought after by the industry can apply to convert their employment pass to Residence Pass which if approved is given a 5-year work permit Malaysia and can be extended to another 5 year on expiration. The applicant should be currently working in Malaysia under the normal employment pass and has been continuously working for the past 3 years.

General Documents for Work Permit Application

  • Valid passport (valid for at least 18 months)
  • Dully filled application platform
  • Original employment contract
  • 3 recent passport-size photos
  • Confirmation letter from the employer about salary and tax revenues
  • Address proof such as water, electricity, gas and telephone bill
  • Appointment letter from the company
  • Family details

Apart from providing exceptional service on work permit, we also expand our services in Immigration Services, Accounting and MM2h Services.

Frequently Asked Questions for Work Permit Malaysia

Expatriate Pass Applications

Expatriates are not allowed to apply for their own immigration passes. The application must be done by the company that intends to hire the expatriate. We at Beyond Expatriate will help the company to be registered with the ESD before they can apply for an expatriate Employment Pass or other expatriate related immigration pass.

The company does not need to submit hardcopies unless there is a request from MYXpats Centre to view the original documents.

Yes, the expatriate applicant may submit the dependants’ application together when submitting the application. The applicant may also add the dependant/s later once the principal’s application is approved.

If the applicant is out of the country, an application for a Visa with Reference can be made together when submitting the application.

You will be notified via Beyond Expatriate team. If approved, the approval letter will also be issued. Beyond Expatriate will assist you on obtaining the approval letter.

Beyond Expatriate team will request for the VDR once the client identify the needs for it.

Beyond Expatriate will submit the application directly with ESD once the client update us on status.

Beyond Corporate Group

Unit 1-17-1, Menara Bangkok Bank@ Berjaya Central Park,
No.105 Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: + 603-2181 8383
Fax: + 603-2181 0033

Drop us a Message about Work Permit & Employment Pass Application Malaysia

Have any inquiry? Do not hesitate to message us.

    Enquiries On: