Immigration Malaysia | Malaysia My Second Home | Accounting Malaysia | Company Registration Malaysia | Business Registration Malaysia | Payroll in Malaysia
Types of Visa
The Malaysian Government issues Three (3) types of visas to foreign nationals:
1. Single Entry Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for a social visit. It is normally valid for a single entry and for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue.
2. Multiple Entry Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for business or government-to-government matters. It is normally valid for a period within three (3) months to twelve (12) months from the date of issue.Citizens of India and the People’s Republic of China who wish to enter Malaysia for the purpose of a Social Visit are eligible to apply for the Multiple Entry Visa.The validity of the Multiple Entry Visa is one (1) year.
3. Transit Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to other countries. Foreign nationals on transit without leaving the airport premises and who continue their journey to the next destination with the same flight do not require a transit visa.
How to apply for a Visa
Visa applications must be made at any nearest Malaysian Representative Office Abroad. Applications can also be made online through I-Visa System (Applicable for tourist from India and China only).
1. Application for a Visa Without Reference
Documents required for the application of a visa without reference (approval of visa is given by High Commission of Malaysia) are:
- Original passport
- Two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s passport
- Two (2) photocopies of the visa application form (Form IMM.47)
- Two (2) passport size photographs of the applicant
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the ticket (confirmed and returned ticket)
- Bank statement / traveller’s cheque
- Invitation letter (if any)
- Payment of visa fee
Note : Visa Without Reference is required for the purpose of a social visit. 2. Application for a Visa With ReferenceDocuments which are required for the application of a visa with reference (visa will issued after the application is being referred and approved by the Department of Immigration Malaysia / Other Agencies of Authority):
- Original approval letter from the Immigration Department of Malaysia/other authority agencies
- Original passport
- Two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s passport
- Two (2) photocopies of visa application form
- Two (2) passport size photograph of applicant
- Original and two (2) photocopies of an air ticket
- Payment of visa fee
Note: Visa With Reference is required for students, those seeking employment, dependants and professionals on a visit pass.
Short Term Social Visit Pass
1. The Short term social visit pass is given to foreign visitors upon arrival for the following purposes:
- Social visit
- Visiting relatives
- Journalism / Reporting
- Meeting / Conference
- Business Discussion
- Factory Inspection
- Auditing Company Accounts
- Signing Agreement
- Carrying out a survey on investment opportunities/setting up factory
- Attending Seminars
- Students on goodwill missions or taking examinations at a university
- Taking part in sports competitions
- Other activities approved by the Director General of Immigration.
2. Extension of Social Visit Pass
An Extension may be given on Special consideration e.g. due to illness, accident, war in home country etc. The visitor must furnish evidence, and also present a confirmed return ticket to their home country or third country.
3. Required Documents
- Applicants must appear in person together with passport
- Application Form
- Supporting documents (if relevant)
- Confirmed ticket to home country or in possession of a visa and ticket to a third country
Long Term Social Visit Pass
- The Long Term Social Visit pass may be issued to a foreigner for a temporary stay in Malaysia for a period of not less than six months. Extensions of the period of stay can be given based on the eligibility and fulfilment of certain conditions.
- Foreign husbands/wives to Malaysians can be given the Social Visit Pass for a period of 5 years on condition that they comply with all the requirements.
- They are also allowed to engage in any form of paid employment or in any business or professional occupation without converting the Social Visit Pass to the Employment Pass or Visitor’s Pass (Temporary employment).
This facility is accorded to families of Expatriate Officials.
1. Who are eligible for the Dependant Pass?
- Children under the age of 21.
- Handicapped/disabled children.
- Legally adopted children.
2. Application Procedures
The application for the Dependant Pass can be submitted together with the application for the Employment Pass or after the application for the Employment Pass has been approved.
3. Supporting documents for the application of the Dependant Pass
- Cover letter and Letter of Authority from the company.
- Form with recent passport size photograph.
- Proof of relationship with the Expatriate (a translated copy has to be certified by an Embassy official if the document is neither written in English nor in the Malay Language).
- A photocopy of the complete Dependant’s Passport (Two copies for PRC citizens)
- A photocopy of the complete Expatriate’s Passport.
4. Fees Charged
- Pass – RM90.00 per year or part thereof.
- Processing fee – RM50.00.
- Journey Performed Visa Fee – RM500.00 (if relevant).
Visa fee – according to the nationality of the individual.
Visitor’s Pass (Professional)
For foreign nationals who remain employed by the company in the home country but are required by a Malaysian company to provide certain services for a period up to 12 months Issued to a foreigner who hold acceptable professional qualifications or specialist skills and enter Malaysia to take up professional work for short term period not exceeding twelve (12) month. Applicant must be outside Malaysia at the time of application.
Working Holiday Visa in Malaysia Purpose
The ‘Work and Holiday’ Visa is a special programme that provides opportunities to young people of Malaysia and Australia to work temporarily to cover daily expenses while travelling in Malaysia or Australia. This programme further strengthens bilateral relations between Malaysia and Australia.
This programme is offered to both nationals of Malaysia and Australia who fulfill the following requirements:
- Intend primarily to holiday in Malaysia or Australia for a specified period;
- Aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years at the time of the application for the visa;
- Hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate studies at a university;
- Able to communicate in English proficiently;
- Are not accompanied by dependent children;
- Have not previously taken part in the ‘Work and Holiday’ programme;
- Possess a valid passport and a return travel ticket or have sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- Have sufficient funds for their upkeep during the initial period of living in Malaysia or Australia,;
- Meet health requirements: a. Malaysian applicants – Meet Australia’s health requirements; b. Australian applicants – Required to have good health with valid medical certificates issued by qualified doctors in Australia; and
- Be of good character
How To Apply for a Work And Holiday Visa Malaysian applicants
Malaysian nationals applying for a ‘Work and Holiday’ Visa must undergo the following procedures:
1. Obtain an application form from the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur or download the on-line form at www.imi.gov.my;
2. Obtain a ‘Letter of Good Conduct’ from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia and satisfy all the eligibility requirements;
3. Submit the application form to the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur. A medical check-up form will be given to the applicant if the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur is satisfied with the application;
4. Undergo a medical check-up at any hospital which is approved by the Australian Government;- the hospital will submit the medical check up results directly to the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur without forwarding the results to the applicant; and
5. Applicants will be notified by the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur regarding their status of application.
Australian nationals applying for a ‘Work and Holiday’ Visa must undergo the following procedures:
1. Obtain an application form from the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra or the Malaysian Consulate General in Perth or download the on-line form at www.imi.gov.my;
2. Provide a letter from the ACT and Regions Office of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of Australia, or any other relevant government department determined by the Australian government, to confirm that they have been selected to participate in the programme and that they satisfy all the eligibility requirements;
3. Submit the application form and valid medical certificates issued by a qualified doctor in Australia to the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra or Malaysian Consulate General in Perth;
4. Only complete application forms will be sent to the Malaysian Immigration Department Headquarters for approval; and
5. Applicants will be officially notified by the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra or Malaysian Consulate General in Perth regarding their status of application.
Fees The fee for successful Australian applications is RM 90.00 for 12 months.
We also provide other services such as Immigration Malaysia, Malaysia My Second Home, Accounting Malaysia, Company Registration Malaysia, Business Registration Malaysia, Payroll in Malaysia. Call us now +603-20789990 or visit our website https://www.beyondcorporategroup.com/ for more information!